CAR WILL NOT START IF LEFT SITTING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS/CLICKING NOISE ON PASSENGER'S SIDE

1996 Nissan Maxima

oqargha

April, 16, 2013 AT 9:53 AM

My 96 Maxima will not start without a jump if it is left in park (not started) for a couple of days; the problem comes and goes. I have had the electrical system checked by certified auto-electrical shop. They said it was a drain from the security system which they disconnected, the problem did not get fixed. I have had the battery replaced 3 times in a matter of 6 months, the problem did not get fixed. I had the car at the mechanics for 3 days and he could not figure out what the problem is, he said the alternator/battery and all connections seem to work fine. Today I was driving the car and I heard a clicking noise (like a switch turning on/off) from the passenger's side. The clicking noise was there when I was stopped at the traffic light, when on the highway at 60 mph +, so no real pattern. The car runs great, but I can't figure out what is going on with this. The passenger's side CV joint needs to be replaced, but I don't think that is related to the start issue. Any guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

saturntech9

April, 16, 2013 AT 12:28 PM

Has the alternator diode been checked?ALso what was found from a parasitic draw test?How many millamps draw was found?

hmac300

April, 16, 2013 AT 12:32 PM

Try disconnecting your fuses for the interior lights that is fuse 25 under dash or inside car fuse box. You can go to how to repair here and look under batteries item 9 and it will tell you how to test for a parasitic draw the only other thing I can think of if its been checked is to disconnect abs unit and see if you r draw stops. If it does you'll need that one rebuilt. Otherwise it's hunt and peck puling fuses one at a time to find the problem. But with today's vehicles a draw may show up anyhow due to electronics. Like security system would show a draw because it's working all the time as well as radio. Because it has memory.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang