This may have something to do with the key fob. Will the key fob open the trunk or unlock the doors?
Also there are a couple things you can check.
There are a lot of throttle body problems
Here is what Jaguar posted.
1. Ensure that the ignition is OFF.
2. Remove intake duct from top of throttle body.
3. Using a suitable cleaning agent spray the throttle bore and throttle
blade. Do not remove throttle body to carry out this operation.
4. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
5. Spray again and wipe away carbon deposits using a soft clean cloth.
There is a gray colored molybdenum coating on the throttle bore adjacent to the
throttle blade. Use care not to remove this coating.
6. Open the throttle manually using the external linkage and inspect to ensure it is
7. Operate the throttle using the external linkage to ensure that it operates smoothly.
8. Re install the intake duct. With this car.
Try this and then we can go from there
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 6:58 PM