CAR RAN HOT NOW IT CRANKS BUT WANT START

2003 Pontiac Grand Am

bigman115

July, 9, 2014 AT 7:38 PM

Hey I hope I didn't blow heads. My car ran hot for the very 1st time. I did not even know because my temp hand did not go that far past half then car cut off on me. I did not try to crank it I got it towed right away. I do know about cars I don't see any water mixing with oil but the motor seem like it trying to crank but want. It seem like its not spinning as fast when trying to crank now. Im getting Sparks but no start. I don't want to buy motor. What do I need to check for? What else could have happen? Why did my car shut off before tempt gauge made it even close to red? I thought I had more time.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

July, 9, 2014 AT 9:28 PM

Start by checking to see if the fuel pressure is within the manufacturer's specs. Also, I realize you have spark, but is it a hot blue snapping spark? Are you getting fuel to the engine? Is the spark a hot blue snapping spark?
Have you scanned the computer for trouble codes?

Jacobandnickolas

July, 9, 2014 AT 9:29 PM

By the way, how slowly is the engine turning? Does it should odd other than the slow turn?