2004 CADILLAC SRX REAR BRAKE LIGHTS

• Ralph.S
  • 2004 Cadillac SRX

2004 Cadillac SRX V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

one of my rear break lights is not working well (dim light).I tried to disassemble it, but it's complicated, so I was afraid to break somthing.
i just want to know how to disassemble it without breaking it.

Thursday, March 18th, 2010 AT 8:54 AM

• factoryjack

Are you requesting how to get the lamp off th vehicle, or disassemble the lamp. It is an led lamp, and I believe it is only serviceable by replacement. If you are wanting to get the lamp off, specify right or left. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but also if it has a power third row seat.

Thursday, March 18th, 2010 AT 11:23 PM
  • Ralph.S

Yeah, i'm asking how to get the lamp off the vehicle.
It's the left light, and the car have a power third row seat.

Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 7:28 AM
  • factoryjack

I don't know how far disassembled you have it at this point. The seat just has to be lowered. On either side, you will need to pull away, or remove the rear quarter trim panel. To do this, first you need to remove the cargo net anchor bezels, they will just pull out. The trim panel is just held with clips. To remove the left tail light, the procedure shows to pull away the blower housing to access the fasteners. There are 3 10mm nuts that hold the the assembly on.

Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 12:35 PM