1997 CADILLAC SEVILLE HEAD GASKET

• fmancera78
  • 1997 Cadillac Seville

1997 Cadillac Seville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

my mother has a the '97 cadillac norhtstar syst. The car has recently blown a headgasket and she is worried it is going to be more than its worth to have it repaired. I just saw on ebay a headgasket kit is only $103.00 but is it worth it to try to have this work done. The car only has a 105,000 miles on, brand new fuel pump, water pump, and battery. How much does a fix like this cost, labor wise. Should we just junk the car, she seems to think so. Thanks

Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 AT 9:37 AM

• bluelightnin6

Estimate of labor is below for replacing your vehicle's head gaskets . you should visit www.kbb.com and see what your vehicle books for then decide on what to do with it.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_1331.jpg

Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 10:09 PM
  • factoryjack

Keep in mind, that it is not the headgasket that failed, that is just the collateral damage. The threads for the head bolts are more than likely pulled. This requires thread inserts and more labor/money.

Friday, January 1st, 2010 AT 12:28 PM