YANKING AT 80+MPH AND THEN DYING WHILE DRIVING

1980 Cadillac Fleetwood

fleetwoodpower

September, 5, 2007 AT 8:45 AM

I have a 95 caddy fleetwood brougham 5.7l v8 and I have had fuel pump, fuel filter, pcv valve, and fuse changed from it not cranking at all. A month later it starts to misfire tremendously, so I took it back and they told me that it was my ignition coil so they changed that in addition, the cap and rotor, new spark plugs and wires. Now the car runs good but when I accel at 80+mph it will yank or jerk while driving and then i'll slow down or come to a complete stop, and once I gas again up to maybe 20 or 35 mph it will die while its running.I would say the distributor but they told me ignition coil insted. I have already changed the knock sensor and I bought a egr valve also but not installed yet. CAR PROS, I NEED YOUR HELP PLEEEEASE!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

fleetwoodpower

September, 18, 2007 AT 9:07 AM

Cleaning the fins worked! Thank you so much for tha info this is a great web page! Also found the leak I was talking about. Thanx again!

Buzzsaw

September, 21, 2007 AT 10:09 PM

Do a top engine clean befor replacin the egr. Sounds like egr to me and carbon build up