TO SUBSTANTIATE WHAT THE DEALERSHIP M

1999 Cadillac Deville

jayne55

January, 5, 2008 AT 9:53 AM

Other Category problem
1999 Cadillac Deville Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 90,000 miles

My mother has a 1999 Cadillac Deville. She recently took it to the dealership service department (as she does right on shedule for all maintenance and repairs) and they told her she had a radiator leak and water pump leak. The cost to repair quote is $1200. Additionally, they told her that if she spends that $1200, to be warned that in this make, year and model, they fear she will be soon replacing a leaking/blown head gasket, which will cost her $3600. So, they recommended she might want to consider buying a new car soon. My mother is an active 77 year old, but knows nothing of cars. I know she has paid a fortune to the dealership over the years, but this seems like they are trying to get her to buy a new car. Can you please tell me what these repairs would cost, both at another dealership or a private shop and if they are repairs worth making for this car to last for several more years?
Thank you,
Jayne

Buzzsaw

If it hasent been overheated, I wouldnt fear the head gaskets, I have seen this run as much as 6000. Oo, caddys water pumps seap its normal, as far as the radiator where is the leak.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage