A/C PROBLEM

1998 Cadillac Concours

pattip

January, 22, 2010 AT 11:38 AM

Air Conditioning problem
1998 Cadillac Concours V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

My air stopped working and won't hold feron.I have had that fixed but, the air still won't come on. The info center says " low feron". I appreciate any advise you can give me. Thank you. Pat

A/c

Air Conditioning

factoryjack

If you are still getting a message of low refrigerant, than is it fixed. You are either going to have low refrigerant, or a sensor/circuit fault that provides that info to the a/c programmer. After the system was repaired, was the codes cleared? If they were, and the message returned, either the leak was not repaired, or data is incorrect fooling the programmer into thinking it is low.

autoclaw

March, 6, 2010 AT 7:38 PM

Has anything changed

autoclaw

March, 14, 2010 AT 10:18 AM

I hav a leek also tell if u find your leak djim@centurytel. Net

factoryjack

March, 14, 2010 AT 11:19 AM

The system will have oil, and ultraviolet dye in it. If you know that it is low, a visual inspection can lead to results. Surely, you won't be able to see everything, you won't see the evaporator. Some common places to leak are the compressor case, service fittings, temperature sensors, and the pressure switch.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement