1998 CADILLAC CONCOURS A/C PROBLEM

• pattip
  • 1998 Cadillac Concours

Air Conditioning problem
1998 Cadillac Concours V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

My air stopped working and won't hold feron.I have had that fixed but, the air still won't come on. The info center says "low feron". I appreciate any advise you can give me. Thank you. Pat

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 AT 11:38 AM

• factoryjack

If you are still getting a message of low refrigerant, than is it fixed. You are either going to have low refrigerant, or a sensor/circuit fault that provides that info to the a/c programmer. After the system was repaired, was the codes cleared? If they were, and the message returned, either the leak was not repaired, or data is incorrect fooling the programmer into thinking it is low.

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 AT 10:56 PM
  • autoclaw

Has anything changed

Saturday, March 6th, 2010 AT 7:38 PM
  • autoclaw

I hav a leek also tell if u find your leak djim@centurytel. Net

Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 10:18 AM
  • factoryjack

The system will have oil, and ultraviolet dye in it. If you know that it is low, a visual inspection can lead to results. Surely, you won't be able to see everything, you won't see the evaporator. Some common places to leak are the compressor case, service fittings, temperature sensors, and the pressure switch.

Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 11:19 AM