MY CAR DOESN'T HEAT

1991 Cadillac Brougham

charissavanderb

February, 22, 2008 AT 8:15 AM

Heater problem
1991 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 164000 miles

I have recently experienced a heating problem with my car, I drive it with no problem. It takes about 30 minutes for my heat to turn on, and when it does its not very strong. I check my antifreeze in the overflow bucket none is there, I don't have a dummy light in my car so I can't see if its overheating. I went to get it looked at and they told me that it was my radiator. Can you help me figure out why my car wont heat? Thanks.

merlin2021

February, 22, 2008 AT 9:09 AM

First thing is the system needs to be full. Needs a good thermostat. Try warming the Vehicle, then carefully feel the heater hoses, are they both hot? If one is cooler than the other, You need to flush the core, or do a replacement job on the heater core. Also if the system has a heat control valve on the heater hose, make sure it is working! Also check the thermostat, and the temperature blend door, thats under the dash, in the heater plenum. You can flush this yourself, buy the prestone flush kit and install the tee in the heater return line. Disconnect the heater hose at the waterpump, clamp the hose in back of the tee you installed and back flush till it runs clear.20 mins or so.

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230