ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1987 CADILLAC BROUGHAM V8 TWO...

1987 Cadillac Brougham

cody_bryant

November, 14, 2009 AT 4:30 PM

1987 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

car wont hold charge. New battery and alternator. If u put in a new battery it runs good for a few days. But after that its shot. If u let the car sit for a day it will have enough charge to turn over the engine then it dies right after. Turn the key a few more times to start but get nothing. Goes back to being dead. Any help would be great.

factoryjack

November, 15, 2009 AT 12:22 PM

If it discharges during running, then you have a charge system problem, or faulty alternator. If it discharges while sitting, you have an excessive drain acting on the battery. Plug a voltmeter across the battetry terminals while running, you should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.6 to 14 volts.

cody_bryant

November, 16, 2009 AT 6:10 PM

Why would my no charge light only show up as I give the car gas. When sitting in ideal it is off? And also I have went threw 4 alternators and 5 batteries im about to junk this car if I cant find out problem. And if u turn my headlights on and winshield wipers on with the heater going the heater will stop working and my wipers will slow down? Plz help me love this car and its my first one but I have done all I can. Cant spend the money to have it looked at its really expensive, who ever is on here is my last hope

Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000