1987 CADILLAC BROUGHAM

• cody_bryant
  • 1987 Cadillac Brougham

1987 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

car wont hold charge. New battery and alternator. If u put in a new battery it runs good for a few days. But after that its shot. If u let the car sit for a day it will have enough charge to turn over the engine then it dies right after. Turn the key a few more times to start but get nothing. Goes back to being dead. Any help would be great.

Saturday, November 14th, 2009 AT 4:30 PM

• factoryjack

If it discharges during running, then you have a charge system problem, or faulty alternator. If it discharges while sitting, you have an excessive drain acting on the battery. Plug a voltmeter across the battetry terminals while running, you should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.6 to 14 volts.

Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 12:22 PM
  • cody_bryant

Why would my no charge light only show up as I give the car gas. When sitting in ideal it is off? And also I have went threw 4 alternators and 5 batteries im about to junk this car if I cant find out problem. And if u turn my headlights on and winshield wipers on with the heater going the heater will stop working and my wipers will slow down? Plz help me love this car and its my first one but I have done all I can. Cant spend the money to have it looked at its really expensive, who ever is on here is my last hope

Monday, November 16th, 2009 AT 6:10 PM