AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL PROBLEM

1977 Cadillac Brougham

vega88

October, 20, 2010 AT 11:09 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1977 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

for some reason my automatic climate control device wont work, when I turn the car on, I dont hear the fan kicking in. The only function that works is the defrost function, everything else dosent work. Sometimes I hear a quiet rumble or a hissing noise, but no air comeing through out of any of the vents. The times I noticed it actualy working is durning the day time, but in the morning or at night it dosent work it all. How can this be fixed?

merlin2021

October, 20, 2010 AT 11:59 PM

The rumble could be the blower motor bearings, and you should check the motor. Most easily done by carfully using a fused jumper wire from the battery terminals to the blower motor. Unplug the motor from thew connector and apply + wire to the blower Orange wire. And the _ wire from the battery to the black wire, if the blower does not come on, replace it.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Climate Control Stuck on Defrost?
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911