As far as the code, has anything been done to the ABS control module? This can happen if it was replaced with one from a different vehicle or it's new and wasn't programmed. If that isn't the case, an ABS module verification procedure needs to be done to see if the module itself has an internal failure.
Here are the directions for the verification test. It will require a scan tool to complete.
2007 Dodge or Ram Truck Nitro 4WD V6-3.7L
ABS Verification Test
Vehicle ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) Testing and Inspection Verification Tests ABS Verification Test
ABS VERIFICATION TEST
ABS VERIFICATION TEST
1. ABS VERIFICATION TEST
WARNING: To avoid personal injury or death, check brake capability is available before road testing.
NOTE: If the ABM (Anti-Lock Brake Module), SAS (Steering Angle Sensor), Dynamics Sensor was replaced, it must be initialized using the scan tool. If not initialized, the ABS indicator will flash continuously with no DTCs. To initialize the ABM and clear offsets have wheels pointing straight ahead and follow the directions on the scan tool. The drive test requires a 90 turn. If the Dynamics Sensor was replaced, test drive the vehicle by turning the vehicle left or right in a curving manner at a velocity between 10 and 25 km/h (6 and 15 mph).
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Connect all previously disconnected components and connectors.
3. Verify all accessories are turned off and the battery is fully charged.
4. Verify that the ignition is on, with the scan tool, erase all Diagnostic Trouble Codes from All modules. Start the engine and allow it to run for 2 minutes and fully operate the system that was indicating the failure.
5. Turn the ignition off and wait 5 seconds. Turn the ignition on and using the scan tool, read DTCs from all modules.
6. If any Diagnostic Trouble Codes are present, return to symptom list and trouble shoot new or recurring symptom.
NOTE: For Sensor Signal and Pump Motor faults, the ABM must sense all 4 wheels at 12 km/h (7.5 mph) before it will extinguish the ABS indicator.
7. If there are no DTCs present after turning ignition on, road test the vehicle for at least 5 minutes. Perform several anti-lock braking stops.
8. Again, with the scan tool read DTCs. If any DTCs are present, refer to the Table of Contents in the applicable Section for the diagnostic test procedure and troubleshoot the new or recurring symptom.
9. If there are no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) present, and the customer's concern can no longer be duplicated, the repair is complete.
Are any DTCs present or is the original concern still present?
- Repair is not complete, refer to appropriate symptom.
- Repair is complete.
The interesting thing is this. I don't see how this is preventing the engine from starting. If you look through the test, it says to start the engine for a few minutes. That isn't going to be possible.
Is this the only code that was retrieved? When it was, did you scan the entire can bus?
Regardless, if you find it is bad, here are the directions for replacement. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2007 Dodge or Ram Truck Nitro 2WD V6-3.7L
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Hydraulic System Hydraulic Control Assembly - Antilock Brakes Service and Repair Removal and Replacement HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit) Installation
NOTE: If the ABM module is being replaced with a new ABM module it must be reprogrammed with the use of a scan tool.
1. Install ABM (2) on the mounting bracket rubber pockets (1).
2. Install brake lines to the ABM (2) and tighten to 20 Nm (180 in. Lbs.).
3. Install wiring harness connector to the ABM and push down on the release to secure the connector.
4. Install negative battery cable to the battery.
5. Bleed ABS brake system.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, December 12th, 2020 AT 9:00 PM