2007 BUICK TERRAZA SLIDING DOOR

• marcialea1980
  • 2007 Buick Terraza

2007 Buick Terraza

Q 2007 Buick Terraza My van has recently developed a problem with the passenger power door. The door will close but it seems will not latch at the rear latch. It seems like the door isn't recognizing that it's closed. The motor attempts to keep running even after the door is closed but the latch doesn't catch. I can turn the power off to the door via the switch and close the door manually and it will latch. Manually closing the door causes another problem though. The door open alarm, beeping will continue to sound even though the door is latched closed manually. The door ajar alarm will sound but there will be no indication in the information section on the dash. I tested to see if the door ajar works on that door when it's actually open and it does indicate on the dash. I pulled the 40 amp fuse for the problem door thinking that it might stop the door ajar alarm beeping and it didn't. The strange thing though is when I did pull the fuse the door control box would start to click as though a relay was buzzing. I went ahead and pulled both 40 amp fuses for left and right doors thinking that would cut power to the door control box but the relay still was fluttering. Is this a door control box problem, feedback switch problem, opening motor problem or.

Same question as someone else! We did all the same things. Is there a way to disconnect the dinger?7

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 5:42 PM

• gmtech
  • 553 posts

To help everyone out. Make sure the contact pad and plunger set in the each door jamb is clean. If not clean it with a non metallic scotch brite pad. As far as the motor operating after it closes. The door is not adjusted properly. Try pulling off the weatherstrip near the rear striker. Take an adjustable wrench put it on the flange and bend it out to the door a quarter of an inch a foot above and below the striker. Reinstall the weatherstrip, pull the sliding door fuses for 30 seconds. Operate both doors with the switches off and couple of times and then try a few times with the power switches. Hopefully this will put more tension on the door and relearn the position of the door.
Please let me know if this works.

Sunday, October 31st, 2010 AT 8:48 PM
  • trfsfty

I had the same problem. I found the rear latch was broken. Replacing the broken latch fixed the problem

Friday, February 17th, 2012 AT 9:32 PM
  • trfsfty

I had the same problem and found the rear latch was broken. The problem was fixed after replacing the latch

Friday, February 17th, 2012 AT 9:34 PM