ERATIC FUEL GUAGE

2005 Buick Terraza

ghoward705

July, 4, 2010 AT 12:51 PM

2005 Buick Terraza 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

The fuel guage on my 2005 Buick Terraza has suddenly become erratic. It will read anywhere from empty to full after a fillup. The computer will suddenly give a low fuel warning. Turning the car off and back own will sometimes clear the problem. Does this car use a instrument voltage regulator and if yes, where is it. Or is the instrument voltage regulator part of the computer?

saturntech9

July, 4, 2010 AT 11:04 PM

First of all thank you so much for your donation. You have a fuel sending unit in your gas tank that read's a ohm's value based upon fuel level to your pcm which then figure's the fuel level from the ohm's value which sends the level to the instrument panel cluster to read the level on your gauge.I emailed you the trouble tree for erratic or inop fuel gauge and a wire diagram. Most of the time what fail's is your fuel sender in the tank. It get's damaged by all the additive's in the gas you put in the tank. Let me know what you find out. You could even have a trouble code in the computer for the fuel gauge problem.

ghoward705

July, 7, 2010 AT 12:25 PM

Please resend the trouble shooting matrix and wiring diagram. I have checked my email accounts and their junk email folders and I can't find the things you emailed me.

saturntech9

July, 7, 2010 AT 2:10 PM

I emailed it again to you.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Replacement