2002 Buick Rendezvous How do I replace the front rotors on

TURFINATOR
  • 2002 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
Brakes problem
2002 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl All Wheel Drive

I want to replace the front rotors on our 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL AWD. What are the steps involved?
Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 AT 3:07 PM

DICKSTER66
After removing wheel, remove the 2 metric bolts that hold the entire caliper assembly. Hang this assembly up and out of the way so it is not dangling from the rubber brake line. The rotor may have a couple very thin washers holding it on, if so you can cut them off(you won't need them later. Your rotor will then pull right off. When reinstalling the caliper assembly you may have to slide the outer brake pad out and using a c-clamp push the piston in some to make it easier to install. That should do it and hope this helps.
Saturday, May 9th, 2009 AT 6:09 PM
TURFINATOR
Thanks for the reply it was very helpful. Where would the washers be located that may need to be cut off and why are they there if they arent needed?
Saturday, May 9th, 2009 AT 8:29 PM
DICKSTER66
After you remove your wheel, one or two of the five wheel studs may have a thin star type washer that I believe just helps to hold the rotor in place. You won't be able to get you rotor off if they are there. When you are done and put your wheel back on, you'll see they don't do anything. Am not a expert by any means.
Saturday, May 9th, 2009 AT 11:01 PM
TURFINATOR
Thanks. Is there any special way to get them off.
Saturday, May 9th, 2009 AT 11:20 PM
DICKSTER66
Not really, try to get a screwdriver uner the washer and bend it up. Then you can take a pliers and twist the washer until it breaks.
Good Luck
Sunday, May 10th, 2009 AT 9:07 AM