1994 Buick Regal struts

• 2 POSTS
  • 1994 BUICK REGAL

Noises problem
1994 Buick Regal 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 113, 60 miles

Thank you for your email. I responded at least a half dozen times per your instructions and the emails were returned as not being deliverable! Anyway, a friend and I went for a ride as he "claims" to know something about cars. I have been hearing noises in the right and left rear where the humps are in my trunk and he siad the noises are due to my needing the struts replaced. I never heard of them! Is is expensive? Timeconsuming? I have put a lot of money into my buick as I was told it was worth doing and need my car to last a few more years. CAN YOU HELP ME? THANK YOU! Ahnna

Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 AT 9:52 AM

Can you describe when you hear the noise? Also, many times on these cars, the struts are fine, but the coil springs crack and break making a knocking sound when hitting anything rough on the road. If you bounce the rear of the car, does it stop bouncing after no more than 3 bounces? If so, the struts are fine, and chances are the strut plate is bad or a coil spring.

Let me know.

Friday, September 4th, 2009 AT 8:14 AM