2003 Buick Park Avenue drivers heated seat inop

RED RIDER
  • 2003 BUICK PARK AVENUE
Driver side seat stoped heating. The light comes on at the swithch and I can hear a clicking sound under the seat when I push the switch on & off
I have also checked the fuse for it located under the back seat and it checks good.
is there a temp requlator llocketed somewhere?
is it possible to get a schmatic of the seat heater system and component locations
I will galdly donate by check (if I get good answers) I do not like to give my credit card number on the line.
Sunday, February 3rd, 2008 AT 3:56 PM

ED ARMES
GM has re designed their heated seat elements because of issues with broken elements in the circuit.

Continous flexing of the driver side ( more use than any ) causes the wires to break in the left and right thigh areas. Can also be caused by putting your knee in the seat or little kids standing in them in one small area.

Replacement is the only fix and can easily be done by a layman. Parts are salty though. :D
-1
Monday, March 3rd, 2008 AT 10:19 PM