2009 Buick Lucerne MEMORY SEAT

DONNIEWORLEY
  • 2009 BUICK LUCERNE
MY MEMEORY SEATS ARE NOT WORKING, THE POWER SEATS WORK AND THE HEATED SEATS WORK BUT THE MEMORY BUTTONS WILL NOT DO ANYTHING.
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 AT 11:42 AM

BRIAN 1
GM currently dosent have a fix for this, GM Engineering is attempting to determine the root cause of the problem.I know this may sound like odd advise but its true. Might want to contact the dealer about this problem, its under warranty. Post back with any other questions.
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 AT 7:04 PM
EWOODNET462
2007 Lucerne CXL, 33K miles

I have similar problem but intermittent. I own two nearly identical 2007 Lucernes, one had this problem but has been fixed, second continues to exhibit intermittent failure.

Symptom: Fob#1 fails to activate seat memory position #1, then door button #1 also fails to activate seat memory position #1. I found that if I press button #2, seat memory system goes to position #2 and the system is reset to normal operations.

The repaired car failed when I delivered the car to the dealer for service -- just a bit of luck. As a result the tech confirmed the failure, replace the keyless entry control module, and this first car has work flawlessly since.

The second car has been back to the dealer at least 2 times -- they cannot duplicate the problem and are adverse to replace this module unless they can confirm the failure. They suggest driving the car to the dealer when it fails -- not practical since the seat fails in the back-most position.

For some reason it's impossible to get the dealer to "swap" out this module unless they confirm the failure. Any one been successful in getting dealer to swap out a component before confirming failure?
Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 10:16 AM