2001 Buick Lesabre Fuel Filter

JDOGG22
  • 2001 BUICK LESABRE
I am trying to replace the fuel filter on my 2001 Buick LeSabre. First, where is it exaclty? Secondly, is it necessary to remove any fuses in the fuse box before removing the old fuel filter? I read somewhere that this is very important. Other places online, however, do not even mention this. Thanks for the help.
Monday, August 24th, 2009 AT 9:24 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Fuel filter is on the frame, below vehicle, just forward of the gas tank, mounted in fuel line.

Disconnect the negative battery cable (MUCH better than removing fuse)

Relieve the fuel system pressure.

Twist the quick connector 1 / 4 turn in each direction to loosen any dirt that may have accumulated in the connector.

Use compressed air to remove any dirt in the connector.

Squeeze the plastic tabs of the male connector and pull apart.

Remove threaded connection from the filter inlet.

Remove the filter.

To install:

Position the fuel filter, making sure it is facing in the proper direction.

Attach the outlet quick connect line to the fuel filter as follows:

Step 1: Be sure the connector is clean and that a new plastic retainer is used on the filter.

Step 2: Apply a couple of drops of engine oil to the male pipe end of filter.

Step 3: Push the fuel line onto the fuel filter until the plastic retainer snaps into place.

Step 4: Check that the connector is locked into place by trying to pull the connector from the filter.

Install the threaded connection to the inlet side of filter and tighten to 22 ft. Lbs. (30 Nm).

Connect the negative battery cable.

Pressurize the fuel system by turning the ignition switch to the ON position for 2 seconds. Turn OFF the ignition switch for 10 seconds. Turn ON the ignition switch.

Check for fuel leaks.
+3
Monday, August 24th, 2009 AT 9:29 PM