HARD START/STALLS

1999 Buick Lesabre

tkerr1

August, 30, 2008 AT 2:41 PM

1999 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl

Car turnsover but has a hard time starting. Sounds like it has trouble getting gas to the engine. Eventually, 8 seconds or so, it will fire sluggishly and start. Idles rough for 10 seconds, then runs fine. I noticed that when it is idling rough the voltmeter on the dash is struggling (10Volts or so) to get to the normal position. Then when it runs fine the voltage goes up to normal. It also stalls when idling at a traffic light. I notice that the volt meter goes back to the 10Volt range before it stalls. Mass Airflow Sensor was recntly replaced. No check engine lights have come on. Any Ideas?

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

August, 31, 2008 AT 2:00 PM

Just do some of the basic tests. Check fuel pressure, check for codes.

Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free, they might also loan-out a fuel pressure gage.

On a fuel injected vehicle, a fuel pressure gage is a basic tool, you need one. Even if it turns out, fuel pressure isn't your problem, this time.

If it dies at closed throttle, check the idle-air system. Give the throttle-body a good cleaning, check the iac valve and passages.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test