1995 BUICK LESABRE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND STALLING RANDOMLY

• floppy1219c
  • 1995 Buick Lesabre

1995 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

replaced cam sensor, maf sensor, crank sensor, fuel pump, and filter, air filter, oil and filter, master cylinder, plugs and wires, new battery, a few vaccum lines and the check engine light is constantly on and it stalls randomly and putters. Had it scanned got a new computer for it thinking its a possibility and still same problem. Could it be my ignition module, iak, or oxygen sensor?When it was scanned after all that my mechanic said it was a hard code for the cam sensor. So I replaced it again incase of defective parts and still same problem.I also have two cables that connect to my positive end of my battery. But it looks like how it came from factory but im not sure. After all that my mechanic said it could be a bad wire coming from the cam sensor and there is three of them. Is there a common spot where this happens?Help me

Friday, May 23rd, 2008 AT 7:46 PM

• legitimate007

Check your idle air control sensor, Im almost positive this is the problem, if not, check the map sensor

Friday, May 23rd, 2008 AT 10:49 PM
  • floppy1219c

When I looked up for the idle air control sensor the only thing I could find was a idle air control valve. Does my car have a valve and a sensor?Or just an idle air control valve?Thanks for all your help. I was about to give up on my car and try my luck with another. Where would the idle air control valve be located on my car because im not to familiar with them?And is it something I could install my self?I have done most of the work myself with my dad watching making sure I do things right and so I can learn.

Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 AT 11:56 PM
  • legitimate007

Sorry, I don't know what possessed me to say control sensor, it is idle air control valve. And yes you can change it yourself. Give me a second to get you the location. Its located on the throttle body. I'll see if I can find you a quick pic

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 6:38 AM
  • legitimate007

This is what it looks like:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/88091_wl2ac135002_1.jpg

+1
Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 6:42 AM