MY STALLS ONLY ON TAKE OFF

1994 Buick Lesabre

halpo

July, 13, 2009 AT 3:37 PM

1994 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

my lesabre will idle and run just fine. The stall happens when I try to take off and sometimes when I stop. I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, the fuel filter, and the fuel pump relay.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

July, 13, 2009 AT 9:56 PM

I have a few questions. First, has the check engine light come on? Also, have you checked fuel pump pressure? Any vacuum leaks? And finally, does the car still have the original catylatic converter?

halpo

July, 14, 2009 AT 11:47 AM

The check engine light has been on since I got the car in November. No vacume leaks that I'm aware of and it's the original converter. Had the pressure checked it fell when the car was stalling.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 15, 2009 AT 11:11 AM

If the check engine light is on, have it scanned. Most nationally recognized parts stores will do it for free. That will help identify where the problem is coming from. Also, the fuel pressure (electric pump) shouldn't drop when the engine was dieing. That could be the problem. What I need you to do is have the computer scanned so I know what trouble codes are stored, then I'll be able to make a more educated diagnosis.

halpo

July, 25, 2009 AT 3:41 PM

Okay got the computer checked they said it was the throttle position sensor. I replaced it today. The light went off but the car is still doing the same stuff. I'm going to change the fuel pump tomorrow it was the only other thing I've been told it could be. Any ideas?