3100 SURGING.

2001 Buick Century

hirize

August, 9, 2009 AT 11:14 AM

2001 Buick Century 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 203000 miles

My 2001 Buick Century Custom (3100 engine) surges. It feels like a firing problem in that it is bogging down as if it is miss firing then returns to normal. We have recently put a gas filter on it so I don't think it is the gas filter stopping up. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem. Thanks.
NOTE: I'll be happy to adjust the donation when someone can help me out as I didn't know how much to donate to be fair. Thanks again.

93 F150 Hesitates/surges

Engine Surging

brian 1

August, 9, 2009 AT 4:19 PM

I would check fuel pressure, should be 52-59psi and also check the spark plug wires at the ignition coils, they burn and get rusty real easy, very common. It both could cause a missfire. Post back with what you find.

hirize

August, 9, 2009 AT 6:58 PM

Thanks. It may take a day or two to check it or have it checked and post again but I will as soon as I can. Thanks again.

hirize

August, 18, 2009 AT 9:39 PM

It appears the problem was coming from a spark plug wire not connected well at the coil. Thanks for your help.