1999 BUICK CENTURY CAR WON'T START

• BULSON
  • 1999 Buick Century

1999 Buick Century 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

I was driving my car and when I got to my location and put it in park it started to spit and sputter then it shut off. Then after a minute of cranking the again over and over and pumping the gas pedal it started up again spit and sputtering. I pumped the gas pedal and the engine raved up each time I pumped the gas pedel then it shut off again. Now the engine won't start at all. It just keeps cranking over

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 9:32 PM

• rasmataz

Do you have a check engine light on? If not, do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark problem:

Cranks but no start condition:

Fuel and Spark:
Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 9:43 PM