Hard to push brake pedal that Kicks back, hard to stop the truck

CHRISTY WHITEHEAD
  • 1999 FORD F-350
  • 40,000,000 MILES
I am having problems with my brake pedal being hard to press and it kicks back and does not want to stop my truck. The ABS light comes on from time to time but does not stay on continuously.
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 1:37 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

It sounds like you might be having a problem with the power booster.Since the ABS light is comes on sporadically that means there is an abs trouble code stored in your vehicles computer.First thing is to have the code(s) read. Most auto parts stores will check for free. If not auto parts stores have a tool loaner program and can rent you a scanner/code reader.Here is a tutorial showing what is involved:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Once you get the ABS code(s) get back to us with the code number(s) and then we can properly diagnose your vehicle.Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.

Danny-
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 2:13 PM