Leaking brake fluid?

CAROL HAMON
  • 2001 HONDA ACCORD
Brakes go to the fluid is leaking underneath about center of vehicle looks like a cover has lots of bolts on each side runs pretty far underneath. Fluid is leaking and dripping and spews worse when I pump the brake. How do I fix this problem? Thanks
Thursday, October 18th, 2018 AT 9:46 AM

KEN

We will need to see where the leak is coming from before we can help you fix it use a flashlight and follow this guide to jack up your car safely.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/jack-up-and-lift-your-car-safely

Please run down this guide and report back.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, October 19th, 2018 AT 12:52 PM
GERALYN
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
My front pads and rotors and back shoes need to be replaced. Would this be causing the brake fluid resevoir to be very low even if it is filled often?

Thanks.
Friday, April 9th, 2021 AT 1:31 PM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
As front pads wear the piston moves out of the caliper bore, this draws down the fluid, and eventually turns the RED das light on for BRAKES. No fluid needs to be added during normal use, the system is designed to turn the light on when the pads are low. When the caliper pistons are pushed back into the bore, the fluid refills the reservoir. If fluid is added instead of the pads being replaced, when the pads are replaced, the fluid will overflow the top of the master cylinder reservoir. If fluid is continually added and disapears, there may be a leak, is the pedal soft or mushy? Low?
GERALYN
I never did get the brake light on the dashboard, but the problem was actually a bad master cylinder. I replaced it and the front brake pads and it's fine now.

Thanks for your reply.
MERLIN2021
Your welcome, always around to assist!

Sponsored links