Front brake pad and rotor replacement instructions please?

BAKHTIAR DUSKY
  • 2019 TOYOTA CAMRY
Recently I have noticed on my car when I got on highway speed when hit the brake the brake vibrates especially when I am driving from hill to down. Is this related to rear rotor I think I need new brakes can you help me do the job?
Friday, June 5th, 2020 AT 3:22 PM

Hi,

The vibration you feel is likely due to warped rotors. It can happen when they overheat. As far as replacing the front brake pads and rotors, it really isn't too hard. Also, you are right at the average mileage, 25,000 miles, for them to need to be replaced. The good thing about doing it yourself is you can get lifetime parts at a parts store. That way, you won't have to pay for parts again while you own the vehicle.

Let's get started. First, here is a link that explains in general how it is done. You can use this to help guide you through the process:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-front-brake-pads-and-rotors-fwd

Here are the directions specific to your vehicle. The pics below correlate with the directions.

______________________________________

Removal

2019 Toyota Camry L4-2.5L (A25A-FKS)
Front Disc Brake Pad - Removal [03/2017 - ]
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Disc Brake System Brake Pad Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Front Disc Brake Pad - Removal [03/2017 - ]
FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD - REMOVAL [03/2017 - ]
MAINTENANCE: FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD: REMOVAL; 2018 - 2021 MY Camry [03/2017 - ]
CAUTION / NOTICE / HINT
NOTICE:

Immediately after installing the brake pads, the braking performance may be reduced. Always perform a road test in a safe place while paying attention to the surroundings.
After replacing the front disc brake pads, the brake pedal may feel soft due to clearance between the front disc brake pads and front disc. Depress the brake pedal several times until the brake pedal feels firm.
After replacing the front disc brake pads, always perform a road test to check the braking performance and check for vibrations.
HINT:

Use the same procedure for the RH side and LH side.
The following procedure is for the LH side.
PROCEDURE
REMOVE FRONT WHEEL
Click here [ MAINTENANCE: TIRE AND WHEEL: REMOVAL+ ] [ MAINTENANCE: TIRE AND WHEEL: REMOVAL+ ]

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD
CAUTION:

Be careful not to get pinched by the front disc brake cylinder assembly or other parts when removing the front disc brake pads.
After lifting up the front disc brake cylinder assembly, secure it in place before performing any work on it.

pic 1

The front disc brake cylinder assembly could fall, pinching hands or fingers and causing injury.
Hold the front disc brake cylinder slide pin (lower side) and remove the bolt.

pic 2

NOTICE:

Do not kink or damage the brake line.

Pull the front disc brake cylinder assembly upward.
Remove the 2 front disc brake pads from the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

pic 3

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE ANTI-SQUEAL SHIM KIT
Remove the front No. 1 disc brake anti-squeal shim and front No. 2 disc brake anti-squeal shim from each front disc brake pad.
Using a screwdriver, remove the front disc brake pad wear indicator plate from each front disc brake pad.

pic 4

________________________________________

Install

2019 Toyota Camry L4-2.5L (A25A-FKS)
Front Disc Brake Pad - Installation [03/2017 - ]
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Disc Brake System Brake Pad Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Front Disc Brake Pad - Installation [03/2017 - ]
FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD - INSTALLATION [03/2017 - ]
MAINTENANCE: FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD: INSTALLATION; 2018 - 2021 MY Camry [03/2017 - ]
CAUTION / NOTICE / HINT
NOTICE:

HINT:

PROCEDURE
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE ANTI-SQUEAL SHIM KIT
NOTICE:

When replacing worn front disc brake pads, the front disc brake anti-squeal shims and front disc brake pad wear indicator plates must be replaced together with the front disc brake pads.
Do not apply disc brake grease to the lining surface of the brake pad.
Install the front disc brake pad wear indicator plates in the correct position and direction.
Install the front disc brake anti-squeal shims in the correct position and direction.
Apply disc brake grease to both sides of each front No. 1 disc brake anti-squeal shim .

pic 5

Install the front No. 1 disc brake anti-squeal shim and front No. 2 disc brake anti-squeal shim to each front disc brake pad.

pic 6

Install the front disc brake pad wear indicator plate to each front disc brake pad.
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD
CAUTION:

Be careful not to get pinched by the front disc brake cylinder assembly or other parts when installing the front disc brake pads.
Push in the front disc brake piston.
NOTICE:

Make sure the brake fluid does not overflow from the reservoir.
Do not forcibly push in the front disc brake piston.
Install the 2 front disc brake pads to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.
NOTICE:

Keep the friction surfaces of the front disc brake pads and front disc free from oil and grease.
Install the front disc brake pad so that the pad wear indicator plate is mounted on the upper side of the vehicle.
Hold the front disc brake cylinder slide pin (lower side) and install the front disc brake cylinder assembly to the front disc brake cylinder mounting with the bolt.
Torque : 34.3 Nm (350 kgf-cm, 25 ft-lbf)

Depress the brake pedal several times.
INSPECT BRAKE FLUID LEVEL IN RESERVOIR
Click here [ BRAKE SYSTEM (OTHER): BRAKE FLUID: ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION ]

INSTALL FRONT WHEEL
Click here [ MAINTENANCE: TIRE AND WHEEL: INSTALLATION+ ] [ MAINTENANCE: TIRE AND WHEEL: INSTALLATION+ ]

_____________________________________

Brake Rotor Replacement

Once you have the brake caliper removed, you will need to also remove the caliper mounting bracket. There will be two bolts holding it in place located on the rear of the steering knuckle. Remove the bolts, remove the mount, and then the rotor can be removed. Install is opposite of removal.

____________________________________

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care and God Bless,

Thursday, February 25th, 2021 AT 7:42 PM
JAY_SANCHEZZ15
  • 2017 TOYOTA CAMRY
Is there any way to get a better understanding of this issue of doing a brake job? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are loving the vehicle so far.
Thursday, March 11th, 2021 AT 12:37 PM (Merged)
DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. This is a tutorial showing what is involved on how to change front brake pads and brake rotors:

I've attached picture steps below on how to change the front brake pads on your vehicle. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros
Hi,

Replacing front brake pads and rotors really isn't too hard. You can expect to get around 25,000 miles from a set of pads, but that is based on driving habits and terrain. Changing them yourself can save you a lot. If you get lifetime parts from a parts store and do it yourself, you shouldn't have to pay for brake pad replacement again.

First, here is a link that shows in general how the process is done:

Here are the directions specific to your vehicle. The attached pics correlate with the directions.

_______________________________

2017 Toyota Camry L4-2.5L (2AR-FE)
Front Brake - Removal
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Disc Brake System Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Front Brake - Removal
FRONT BRAKE - REMOVAL
BRAKE (FRONT): FRONT BRAKE: REMOVAL; 2017 MY Camry [06/2016 -
HINT:

Use the same procedure for the LH side and RH side.
REMOVE FRONT WHEEL
DRAIN BRAKE FLUID
NOTICE:

If brake fluid leaks onto any painted surface, immediately wash it off.

SEPARATE FRONT FLEXIBLE HOSE
Remove the union bolt and gasket, and separate the front flexible hose from the disc brake cylinder assembly.

Pic 1

REMOVE DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
Hold the front disc brake cylinder slide pin, and remove the 2 bolts and disc brake cylinder assembly.

Pic 2

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD KIT
Remove the 2 anti-squeal springs from the front disc brake pads.

Pic 3

Remove the 2 front disc brake pads with front anti-squeal shim kit from the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

Pic 4

REMOVE FRONT ANTI-SQUEAL SHIM KIT
Remove the front disc brake anti-squeal shim from each front disc brake pad.

Pic 5

Remove the front disc brake pad wear indicator plate from each front disc brake pad.

Pic 6

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE FITTING KIT
Remove the 2 front No. 1 disc brake pad support plates and 2 front No. 2 disc brake pad support plates from the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

Pic 7

Text in Illustration

*1 Front No. 1 Disc Brake Pad Support Plate
*2 Front No. 2 Disc Brake Pad Support Plate

NOTICE:

Each front disc brake pad support plate has a different shape. Be sure to put an identification mark on each front disc brake pad support plate so that it can be reinstalled to its original position.

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
Remove the front disc brake cylinder slide pin from the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

Pic 8

REMOVE FRONT NO. 2 DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
Remove the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin from the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

Pic 9

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE BUSHING
Using a screwdriver with its tip wrapped with vinyl tape, remove the front disc brake cylinder slide bushing from the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin.

Pic 10

NOTICE:

Do not damage the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin.

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING
Remove the 2 bolts and front disc brake cylinder mounting from the steering knuckle.

Pic 11

REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSHING DUST BOOT
Secure the front disc brake cylinder mounting in a vise.

Pic 12

Using a screwdriver and a plastic hammer, remove the 2 front disc brake bushing dust boots.
REMOVE FRONT DISC
Put matchmarks on the front disc and the front axle hub.

Pic 13

Remove the front disc.

________________________________________________

2017 Toyota Camry L4-2.5L (2AR-FE)
Front Brake - Installation
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Disc Brake System Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Front Brake - Installation
FRONT BRAKE - INSTALLATION
BRAKE (FRONT): FRONT BRAKE: INSTALLATION; 2017 MY Camry [06/2016 - ]
HINT:

INSTALL FRONT DISC
Align the matchmarks of the front disc and front axle hub, and install the front disc.

pic 14

NOTICE:

When replacing the front disc with a new one, select the installation position where the front disc has minimal runout.

INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSHING DUST BOOT
Apply a light layer of lithium soap base glycol grease to the entire circumference of 2 new front disc brake bushing dust boots.

Pic 15

Pic 16

Lithium Soap Base Glycol Grease

HINT:

Apply at least 0.3 g (0.01 oz.) of lithium soap base glycol grease to each front disc brake bushing dust boot.

Using a socket wrench (19 mm) and a hammer, install the 2 front disc brake bushing dust boots to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

pic 17

INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING
Install the front disc brake cylinder mounting to the steering knuckle with the 2 bolts.

pic 18

Torque : 107 Nm (1090 kgf-cm, 79 ft-lbf)

INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE BUSHING
Apply a light layer of lithium soap base glycol grease to the contact surface of the No. 2 front disc brake cylinder slide pin.

pic 19

pic 20

Lithium Soap Base Glycol Grease

Install a new front disc brake cylinder slide bushing to the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin.
INSTALL FRONT NO. 2 DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
Apply a light layer of lithium soap base glycol grease to the sliding part and the sealing surfaces of the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin.

Pic 21

pic 22

Lithium Soap Base Glycol Grease

Install the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

Pic 23

Push the front No. 2 disc brake cylinder slide pin into the front disc brake bushing dust boot to engage the pin to the boot.
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
Apply a light layer of lithium soap base glycol grease to the sliding part and the sealing surfaces of the front disc brake cylinder slide pin.

pic 24

Pic 25

Lithium Soap Base Glycol Grease

Install the front disc brake cylinder slide pin to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

pic 26

Push the front disc brake cylinder slide pin into the front disc brake bushing dust boot to engage the pin to the boot.
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE FITTING KIT
Install the 2 front No. 1 disc brake pad support plates and 2 front No. 2 disc brake pad support plates to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.

pic 27

NOTICE:

Be sure to install each front disc brake pad support plate in the correct position and direction.

INSTALL FRONT ANTI-SQUEAL SHIM KIT

pic 28

NOTICE:

Install each front disc brake pad wear indicator plate in the correct position and direction.

Apply disc brake grease to the inside of each front disc brake anti-squeal shim as shown in the illustration.

pic 29

Pic 30

Disc Brake Grease

Install the front disc brake anti-squeal shim to each front disc brake pad.

Pic 31

NOTICE:

Install the front disc brake anti-squeal shims in the correct positions and directions.
Disc brake grease can seep out slightly from the area where the front disc brake anti-squeal shim is installed.
Make sure that disc brake grease is not applied onto the lining surface.
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD KIT
Install the 2 front disc brake pads with front anti-squeal shim kit to the front disc brake cylinder mounting.
NOTICE:

There should be no oil or grease on the friction surfaces of the disc brake pads or the front disc.

Install the 2 anti-squeal springs to the front disc brake pads.

Pic 32

NOTICE:

When replacing the front disc brake pads with new ones, make sure to replace the anti-squeal springs at the same time.
Be sure to install the anti-squeal springs into the front disc brake pad installation holes as far as they will go.
INSTALL DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
Hold the front disc brake cylinder slide pin, and install the front disc brake cylinder assembly to the front disc brake cylinder mounting with the 2 bolts.

pic 33

Torque : 34 Nm (350 kgf-cm, 25 ft-lbf)

CONNECT FRONT FLEXIBLE HOSE
Connect the front flexible hose to the front disc brake cylinder assembly with a new union bolt and a new gasket.

pic 34

Torque : 29 Nm (300 kgf-cm, 22 ft-lbf)

NOTICE:

Install the flexible hose lock securely into the lock hole in the front disc brake cylinder.

BLEED BRAKE LINE
[ BRAKE SYSTEM (OTHER): BRAKE FLUID: BLEEDING ]

INSTALL FRONT WHEEL
Torque : 103 Nm (1049 kgf-cm, 76 ft-lbf)

_________________________________________________________________
STEPHENSINGH
  • 2012 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have a 2012 se Camry and my battery died, I had to jump start my car and the signals, heat and power windows worked, after I changed my battery the problem is gone but I need to do the brakes can you help me?
DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is a tutorial for you to view getting you started on how to change the front brake pads and rotors:

I've attached picture steps below on how to change the front brake pads and the rotors on your Toyota. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • 150 MILES
I ran over a curb the other night due to snow on the road, it bent my wheel pretty good, and popped my tire, and damaged my front bumper. I changed the tire but noticed the brakes were low can you help me change them out?
Thursday, March 11th, 2021 AT 12:38 PM (Merged)
DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

I've attached picture steps below on how to change the front brake pads and rotors on your car. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
VEGASJAMES
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
My question is that my caliper has seized up on the passenger side of the car and left grooves in the rotor. Do I have to get both rotors cut or just the one. Also please let me know how to install a brake caliper
DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. It's usually a good idea to do repairs as a pair but if you want to save money it's ok to just do the affected side. Here are a few tutorials showing what is involved on how to change front brake pads, caliper, brake rotors, and bleed the system when repair is complete.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/brake-caliper-replacement

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-bleed-or-flush-a-car-brake-system

I've attached picture steps below on how to change the front brake pads, rotors, and caliper on your Toyota. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros
HESPER HANCE
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY
I had heard grinding from front wheels had brake pads replaced. The next day it started acting funny hard to accelerate tried to use the brake the pedal didn't even budge. There was smell of burning and smoke from wheels which were extremely hot. What do I do next?
KASEKENNY1
This sounds like one of the calipers locked up. I would lift the vehicle and then try and spin the front tires to see which one is locked up. Then remove the wheel and make sure the brake line is not twisted. That would be the most likely cause of this as sometimes when we reinstall this the caliper get twisted and then rubber line then holds the fluid in the caliper and doesn't allow it to release. Here is a guide that will help with this:

Also, This could be a caliper slide pin that is seized. When doing the brakes, we need to lubricate these and make sure they move freely. if not they can lock up.

I attached the process from the manual for the entire process. Let us know what you find with this. Thanks
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY
What would cause the brake to need to be replaced and can I do it to save money, im broke?
Hi,

Brakes are a wear item. From use, they go bad. They are not too hard to replace. Take a look through this link. It explains in general how brake pads and rotors are replaced.

Here are directions specific to your vehicle for replacement. The directions also explain how to check things such as the rotors to make sure they are good as well as if the calipers need rebuilt. The attached pics correlate with the directions.

________________________________

2004 Toyota Camry L4-2.4L (2AZ-FE)
Front
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Disc Brake System Service and Repair Procedures Front
FRONT

pic 1

OVERHAUL

HINT:
Overhaul the RH side by the same procedures with LH side.

1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL
2. DRAIN BRAKE FLUID

NOTICE: Wash off the brake fluid immediately if it comes into contact with a painted surface.

3. DISCONNECT FRONT FLEXIBLE HOSE
a. Remove the union bolt and a gasket from the disc brake cylinder, then disconnect the flexible hose from the disc brake cylinder.

pic 2

4. REMOVE DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSY FR LH
a. Remove the 2 bolts and disc brake cylinder.
5. REMOVE DISC BRAKE PAD KIT FRONT (PAD ONLY)
a. Remove the 2 brake pads with anti-squeal shim.

pic 3

6. REMOVE ANTI SQUEAL SHIM KIT FRONT
a. Remove the 2 anti-squeal shims from each of 2 brake pads.
b. Using a screwdriver, remove the wear indicator from each of 2 brake pads.
7. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE
a. Remove the upper side front disc brake pad support plate.
8. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE
a. Remove the bottom side front disc brake pad support plate.

pic 4

9. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
a. Remove the 2 cylinder slide pins from the disc brake cylinder mounting.

pic 5

10. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE BUSH
a. Remove the cylinder slide bush from the cylinder slide pin.
11. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSH DUST BOOT
a. Remove the 2 bush dust boots from the disc brake cylinder mounting.
12. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING LH
a. Remove the 2 bolts and disc brake cylinder mounting LH.

pic 6

13. REMOVE CYLINDER BOOT
a. Using a screwdriver, remove the set ring and cylinder boot.

pic 7

14. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PISTON
a. Place a piece of cloth or similar, between the piston and the disc brake cylinder.
b. Use compressed air to remove the piston from the disc brake cylinder.

CAUTION: Do not place your fingers in front of the piston when using compressed air.

NOTICE: Do not spatter the brake fluid.

15. REMOVE PISTON SEAL
a. Using a screwdriver, remove the piston seal from the disc brake cylinder.

NOTICE: Do not damage the inner cylinder and the cylinder groove.

16. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE BLEEDER PLUG CAP
17. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE BLEEDER PLUG
18. INSPECT BRAKE CYLINDER AND PISTON
Check the cylinder bore and piston for rust and scoring

pic 8

19. INSPECT PAD LINING THICKNESS
a. Using a ruler, measure the pad lining thickness.
Standard thickness: 12.0 mm (0.472 inch)
Minimum thickness: 1.0 mm (0.039 inch)
20. INSPECT FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE
a. Make sure that they have sufficient rebound, no deformation cracks or wear, and have had all rust and dirt cleaned off.
21. INSPECT FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE

pic 9

22. INSPECT DISC THICKNESS
a. Using a micrometer, measure the disc thickness.
Standard thickness: 28.0 mm (1.102 inch)
Minimum thickness: 26.0 mm (1.024 inch)

pic 10

23. REMOVE FRONT DISC
a. Put matchmarks on the disc and the axle hub.
b. Remove the disc.
24. INSTALL FRONT DISC
a. Aligning the matchmarks, install the front disc.

HINT: When replacing the disc with a new one, select the installation position where the disc has the minimum value.

pic 11

25. INSPECT DISC RUNOUT
a. Temporarily fasten the disc with hub nuts.
Torque: 103 Nm (1,050 kgf-cm, 76 ft. lbs.)
b. Using a dial indicator, measure the disc runout 10 mm (0.39 inch) away from the outer edge of the disc.
Maximum disc runout: 0.05 mm (0.0020 inch)
c. If the disc's runout is maximum value or greater, check the bearing play in the axial direction and check the axle hub runout. If the bearing play and axle hub runout are not abnormal, adjust the disc runout or grind it on a "On-car" brake lathe.
26. TEMPORARY TIGHTEN FRONT DISC BRAKE BLEEDER PLUG
a. Temporarily tighten the bleeder plug to the disc brake cylinder.
27. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE BLEEDER PLUG CAP
28. INSTALL PISTON SEAL
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease on a new piston seal.
b. Install the piston seal to the disc brake cylinder.
29. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PISTON
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease on the piston.
b. Install the piston to the disc brake cylinder.

NOTICE: Do not screw the piston forcedly in the disc brake cylinder.

pic 12

30. INSTALL CYLINDER BOOT
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease on a new cylinder boot. Install the cylinder boot to the disc brake cylinder.

HINT: Install the boot securely to the grooves of the cylinder and piston.

b. Using a screwdriver, install the set ring.

NOTICE: DO not damage the cylinder boot

31. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING LH
a. Install the disc brake cylinder mounting LH with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 107 Nm (1,090 kgf-cm, 79 ft. lbs.)
32. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSH DUST BOOT
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease to seal surface of 2 new bush dust boots.
b. Install the 2 bush dust boots to the disc brake cylinder mounting.
33. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE BUSH
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease to a new cylinder slide bush.
b. Install the cylinder slide bush to the cylinder slide pin.
34. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN
a. Apply the lithium soap base glycol grease to the sliding part and the seal surface of the 2 cylinder slide pins.
b. Install the 2 cylinder slide pins to the disc brake cylinder mounting.

HINT: Place with the bush side facing down.

35. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE
a. Install the upper side front disc brake pad support plate.
36. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE
a. Install the bottom side front disc brake pad support plate.

pic 13

37. INSTALL ANTI SQUEAL SHIM KIT FRONT

NOTICE:
When replacing worn pads, the anti-squeal shims must be replaced together with the pads.
Install the shims and pad wear indicator plates correctly of which positions and directions.

a. Apply disc brake grease to inside of each anti-squeal shim No. 1.
b. Install the anti-squeal shim No. 1 and No. 2 on each pad.
c. Install the pad wear indicator plate to the 2 pads.
38. INSTALL DISC BRAKE PAD KIT FRONT (PAD ONLY)
a. Install the 2 pads with the pad wear indicator plate facing upward.

NOTICE: There should be no oil or grease adhering to the friction surfaces of the pads and the disc.

39. INSTALL DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSY FR LH
a. Install the disc brake cylinder with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 34 Nm (350 kgf-cm, 25 ft. lbs.)
40. CONNECT FRONT FLEXIBLE HOSE
a. Install a new gasket and flexible hose with the union bolt.
Torque: 29.4 Nm (300 kgf-cm, 22 ft. lbs.)

HINT:
Gasket has 2 types: 2-piece type and 1-piece type.
Install the flexible hose lock securely in the lock hole in the disc brake cylinder.

41. FILL RESERVOIR WITH BRAKE FLUID
42. BLEED MASTER CYLINDER
SST 09023-00100
43. BLEED BRAKE LINE
44. CHECK FLUID LEVEL IN RESERVOIR
45. CHECK BRAKE FLUID LEAKAGE
46. INSTALL FRONT WHEEL

___________________________________________

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Take care and God Bless,
GARYGJAMES
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
My brakes seem to be wearing more on the drivers side. I need to change the brake pads but I may need to replace the front drivers caliper.I know somewhat how to do it but it has been a while.
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Remove caliper as per pic & text, the only extra thing to do is get a brake hose clamp and close off the brake hose when you undo the hose banjo bolt at the caliper, don't loose the 2 copper washers on the bolt one on the top and the bottom.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Graphic_42.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_snap_1_14.jpg

JGILLI
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY
How exactly does one remove the brake rotors?
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Here is a video of the job being done only with drums but it follows the same principle.

https://youtu.be/UV0kfP17Co0

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers

Sponsored links