Sometimes when I drive at exactly 30 MPH it feels as if I am driving on a bumpy road

TONYSBABYGIRL
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
Up until a couple of months ago, my car sat for 6 months before I had another transmission put in. Since I've gotten it back I've noticed a couple of things that I didn't experience before it sat for those 6 months. The 2 things I do need are brakes and rotors. There's no difference in the way the pedal feels, but just by looking at them you can tell their worn and rusty from sitting. I also know I need tires. I'm mentioning this just in case any of this could be the cause of my issues.

One of the things I've noticed is sometimes when I drive it feels as if I'm driving on a very slightly bumpy road. Every time that happens it's right when I'm exactly at 30 mph. It doesn't seem to happen every time I'm at that speed, but every time it happens, I'm at that speed. Never more, never less.

Another thing is when I make a right turn I hear a slight clicking sound coming from the front driver's side tire. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sunday, December 1st, 2019 AT 1:07 AM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Yes, all of your observations sound correct. From sitting for awhile there could be a flat spot or deformity on the tire. After sitting did you properly inflate the tires to the proper p.s.i. ? The brakes if old in age could have slight warpage causing vibration as well. The clicking sound you hear while turning however is the CV axle.If the CV axle boot is ripped/worn/deteriorated will cause a loss of axle grease.When the CV axle starts clicking that is a sign of its impending failure.Here are a few tutorials showing what is involved with CV axles and there replacement.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/symptoms-of-a-bad-cv-axle-joint

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-cv-axle

Let me know if you have any further questions on this issue.Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Sunday, December 1st, 2019 AT 6:21 PM