2002 BMW X5 MID

• bristolautotransfers
  • 2002 BMW X5

2002 BMW X5 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

Hi, I have a problem with the electrics on my x5, very suddenly I lost indicator warning lights on dashboard, but indicators work on the outside of vehicle, no main beam light on dash but main beam does work, no chime when lights are on with key removed from ignition and door open. MID, is completely blank but radio is playing the station it was on when it all went blank, but you cannot adjust the sound or turn off, Just before it all went blank I had SELFLEVEL SUSP. INACT sign on dash board but vehicle appears to be level with no sound coming from pump, I have checked fuses, they are all ok, any answers would be gratefully received, many thanks, Jim.

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 5:41 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

This is going to require scanning the vehicle with the proprietary BMW software to see what the problem is. First try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins. Sometimes this will " reboot" the car and get everything going. If not, let me know.

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 5:37 PM
  • bristolautotransfers

Hi, Did as you said and disconnected the battery for about half an hour, No luck the problem still exists, any other ideas please, Regards, Jim.

Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 AT 12:31 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Sorry I did not return in a timely fashion, the format here is sometimes a bit spacey. If the reboot did not do anything, then the next thing is to seek out the repair facility that has the proprietary BMW software that I mentioned, has that happened?

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 12:36 PM
  • Beeky77

Hi, I have an identical issue which started yesterday. Did you ever find the fault and what did the dealer charge you?

Cheers

Mike

Saturday, August 25th, 2012 AT 7:44 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Where does this posting stand right now, I have 2 of you on it and 1 non responsive, help me help you.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 7:09 PM