2004 BMW X3 power windows

SUSAN BLIZZARD
  • 2004 BMW X3

2004 BMW X3 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

I have a 2004 BMW X3 which I bought new in 04. In 2005, someone was riding in the back seat and started to put the window down and there was a loud pop (as loud as a gun shot). I didn't know what was wrong until I could hear air coming in the window. I called Hendrick Motors where I bought the car and took it in. They diagnosed as needs replacement window regulator, and they replaced it. The exact same thing just happened again and I called my dealership and they told me it could be several things and I told then that I would not pay to have this window fixed. This is the 2nd. Time it has happened. Sounds like a defect in this model. What should I be prepared to do if it is the same problem? Thank you.

Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 8:02 PM

DR. HAGERTY

The window regulators are a weak item and will most likely require replacement again. Most dealerships will stand behind their work for two years.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 11:53 PM
BOOSTAINK

. Ventrilo .
( ) , .
ICQ: 4664184

P.S. , , , , .

Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 10:55 AM