POWER WINDOWS AUTO FUNCTION

2005 BMW X3

AndysPana

I have a BMW X3 of 2005. I had recently a problem with the Auto function of the co driver's window. The auto function stop to work rolling the window. Later the two rears had the same. The auto function for rolling them down is ok. This happens from either switch I had tried this so I dont think it's the driver's switch fault. How can I fix this pls?

Dr. Hagerty

It seems there is a contradiction here, you say the auto function is not working, then you say it is OK, what do we do for this issue? Have you tried reinitializing the windows?

AndysPana

I mean the Auto function for rolling the windows down its ok but rolling up it doesnt work I have to hold the switch until the window close ! How do I do this reinitialization?

Dr. Hagerty

With the windows all the way up, then just hold the button in the up position for about 20 seconds. The windows should then "express" in both directions. Can we count on you for a donation Andy?

AndysPana

Hi ! I tried this it look sense but didnt work unfortunately : ( but if you let me know how I can leave a donation for you I can do for your kind reply.
Thank you

Dr. Hagerty

There may be something else going on with the anti-trap. The GM5 module controls the anti-trap feature and they have been known to fail. We may need to speak over the telephone about this to resolve the issue. I will send my email address as a personal message, then we can attempt this repair again, I have a reputation of not giving up.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera