BMW X3 POWER WINDOWS AUTO FUNCTION

• AndysPana
  • 2005 BMW X3
  • manual

I have a BMW X3 of 2005. I had recently a problem with the Auto function of the co driver's window. The auto function stop to work rolling the window. Later the two rears had the same. The auto function for rolling them down is ok. This happens from either switch I had tried this so I dont think it's the driver's switch fault. How can I fix this pls?

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 1:32 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

It seems there is a contradiction here, you say the auto function is not working, then you say it is OK, what do we do for this issue? Have you tried reinitializing the windows?

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 2:43 PM
  • AndysPana

I mean the Auto function for rolling the windows down its ok but rolling up it doesnt work I have to hold the switch until the window close ! How do I do this reinitialization?

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 2:53 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

With the windows all the way up, then just hold the button in the up position for about 20 seconds. The windows should then "express" in both directions. Can we count on you for a donation Andy?

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 3:59 PM
  • AndysPana

Hi ! I tried this it look sense but didnt work unfortunately :( but if you let me know how I can leave a donation for you I can do for your kind reply.
Thank you

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 5:22 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

There may be something else going on with the anti-trap. The GM5 module controls the anti-trap feature and they have been known to fail. We may need to speak over the telephone about this to resolve the issue. I will send my email address as a personal message, then we can attempt this repair again, I have a reputation of not giving up.

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 5:32 PM