AUTO LEVELING SHOCK

1990 BMW 750Li

lcomer72

November, 1, 2010 AT 2:32 PM

Suspension problem
1990 BMW 750Li V12 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My passenger rear shock is leaking and I was wondering if it could be repaired or do I need to replace it? If it needs to be replace, do you know of a place where I can find a good used or rebuilt auto leveling shock? Would I need instructions to install this parts or is it as easy as installing a normal shock?

bluelightnin6

November, 1, 2010 AT 10:16 PM

The shock will need replaced with either a new or used unit. You should check websites such as ebay. Com, used-car-parts. Com and craigslist. Com out for used parts. If you would like replacement steps just let me know, it is a bit different than a regular shock.

Dr Loot

November, 1, 2010 AT 10:56 PM

This is a very common problem, I doubt you will be able to find used ones because they will be bad also, new ones will cost a fortune, what I usually do is replace them with 735IL BMW coil overs available very cheap at the junkyard and plug off the hydraulic line to the shock.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy