WHITE SMOKE AT START-UP

2001 BMW 745

ljen502

August, 18, 2008 AT 12:15 AM

2001 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

I just paid my BMW dealer 700 dollars to repair my car. One of the problems I told him was that I observe white smoke when I start-up my car. Sometimes its a lot of smoke and sometimes its just enough to notice. It's still smoking. What could cause this smoke problem.

mhpautos

August, 18, 2008 AT 12:46 AM

Hi there,

White smoke can indicate coolant in the combustion chamber, I would go back to the repairer and get this re checked, have a head check done this will check for exhaust gasses in the cooling system, a sure sign that there is a problem, can you tell us what was repaired for all that money? Did they advise you on what was done?

Dr. Hagerty

August, 18, 2008 AT 10:40 PM

As usual, I'm with Mark on this one, go back and have them prove to your satisfaction what is going on here. And by the way, what did they do for the $ they cost you, and what was the dealerships name? This issue could be a PCV valve starting to fail as the M-62 motor is extremely robust and seldom do they have coolant in the combustion chambers.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8