2001 BMW 740 BLOWER MOTOR

• waltergivens
  • 2001 BMW 740

Air Conditioning problem
2001 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

Where is the blower motor located and how hard is it to replace

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 10:22 PM

• Dr Loot

You don't want to go there, if you do, you will want to probably purchase a repair manual, the job is very extensive and too much to explain to you in a message, have you tried diagnosing it the first? To make sure it's the motor and not the relays? The manual says for a professional it will take 8hr to do the job, for you 8days.

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 10:53 AM
  • waltergivens

It's the blower motor resitor that is bolted to the motor i'm sure

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 7:06 PM
  • Dr Loot

Okay if you are sure, you better get ready for a incredible job, you're going to need to purchase a manual, because it is very extensive, but we will help you when you run into a problem, Ok, good luck.

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 7:13 PM
  • waltergivens

Where is it at do I take the dash above the heater box out? Or do u get to it from under the hood?

Thanks for your help.

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 7:17 PM
  • Dr Loot

You do not get to it underneath the hood you will have to remove the entire dash, you will need to purchase a manual to be able to perform the operation, if you run into any problems I will be here to assist you, only because I've done the job before.

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 7:45 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

When replacing the blower motor, always replace the final stage as well, if one has failed then the other will soon too. Dr. Loot is correct, it is best taken on with a Robert Bentley repair manual in hand, go to Amazon. Com for the book and let us know if you need help accessing the location of the screws or how to get the top grill out, it takes time, leave yourself plenty.

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 10:19 PM