WHITE SMOKE

2000 BMW 740

wizegal

July, 11, 2010 AT 2:35 PM

2000 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 137K miles

We purchased a 2000 bmw 740IL. When you start it up it billowed out white smoke however even my husband confirms it is not the head gasket as there was no smell of anti-freeze. The dealer told us they replaced a pump but by mistake the mechanic sealed it an on that vehicle it should not be sealed. We left it for them to fix and it will now still continue to smoke a bit at first start up after traveling a bit it stops and only happens when it has been sittling for a bit. Now it also seems to be a small oil stain on the driveway. What else could this possibly be? They said it should go away once we had used up the current tank of gas as the mix of whatever was still in it. Any ideas on what this could be?

Dr. Hagerty

July, 11, 2010 AT 11:21 PM

I am not clear as to what exactly you need to know, it seems there is a white smoke issue, but the oil leak issue is not addressed in a way that seems logical to my mind, they may or may not be related. What does the sealed thing mean?

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator