1999 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 107000 miles
Wiper issue, 1999 BMW 740IL:
Wiper intermittently quit working and then went out completely; This is what I have done so far and non of these have fixed the problem:
1. Replaced the wiper switch in the steering column;
2. Checked all the fuses, they were all good;
3. Replaced 2 relay units; (this is all under the advice of BMW mechanic)
4. Replaced the motor, checked voltage to the motor"”have no 12V going to the motor, but have 5V power leg to maintain zero position on the motor drive;
5. Replaced the main module that controls: the wipers, power seats, power windows, steering column, heated seats, ect.
6. Pulled passenger side seat, checked 2 main fuses and they were OK.
Could you shed some light on this?
Monday, June 16th, 2008 AT 11:52 AM