"DOOR OPEN" INDICATOR

1998 BMW 740

jkirch2

May, 29, 2008 AT 7:00 AM

1998 BMW 740 V8 Automatic 130000 miles

My car is a 740il. I have a door open display on the instrument panel. I can access the modules with scanners and all operations work, doors are closed and locked. Scanners do not tell you which door it senses open. Using the key or remote, one or more doors intermittantly do not lock. Last week the rear door pin went down, but the door was not locked. I can't figure out which door is the problem, all but the drivers door act up. It doesn't appear to be lock actuators. Of course, the central lock button on the console doesn't not do anything as it senses a door open. I replaced it just to make sure. I don't know what to do; I have already removed door panels and all tests good. I don't want to just start replacing parts and I can't find a part called a door sensor/switch. Door you have any ideas?
Thanks,
Janice

Heater Door Won't Open

Rear Door Will Not Open

Dr. Hagerty

May, 29, 2008 AT 9:43 AM

What scanner are you using?

jkirch2

May, 30, 2008 AT 5:21 AM

I have a Launch, Snap-on Modis and smaller quick scanners.

Dr. Hagerty

May, 30, 2008 AT 10:16 AM

The proprietary BMW software will let you view the individual doors. The door closed switch is in the door locks and one of them might be faulty.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda