REPLACEMENT NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

1997 BMW 740

trixx16

April, 20, 2009 AT 9:43 PM

1997 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I had to replace the valve cover gasket & plenum on the transmission; both parts work great.

now the car is not shifting only manual it shifts

Dr. Hagerty

May, 9, 2009 AT 5:02 PM

What is the question?

Dr Loot

May, 10, 2009 AT 9:37 AM

You must be talking about the Valve Body Gasket? If you are that was a pretty complicated job, and very easy to screw up, you will probably have to take it to a transmission shop now, a shop that knows about German transmission, these are a few ideas that you could have done wrong
1. When removing the pan you could have hit one of the solenoids knocking the loom loose, and
2. If you removed the Valve Body two replaced the gasket, you may not have the loom hook up correctly, and the balls back in proper order, and
3. Upon reinstalling the Valve Body and the pan you could have pitched a wire on the loom.
My suggestion to you is to take it to a transmission shop and make sure they know about BMW 740 transmissions

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang