1988 BMW 535 HORN BY THE BATTERY

• gisloc
  • 1988 BMW 535

1988 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 236*** miles

I have a horn behind my battery (in yellow circle in the picture) when you press the horn on the steering wheel it does not go off and i didnt want to go ripping things apart to figure out where it was hooked up to..Is it for an alarm i didnt know i had?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108583_HPIM1232_1.jpg

Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 1:03 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

The On Board Computer has an alarm feature and is connected to the horn that sits behind the battery.

Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 5:10 PM
  • gisloc

So do I need to by a remote for it to work or is it not that kind of alarm. If not when would that horn ever go off

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 10:08 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Its not that kind of alarm. Unless you set it through the OBC, it wont go off and of all the E-28s I have had, I never used it. If you think about it, when was the last time you actually paid attention to an alarm in someones car.

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 10:47 PM
  • brianarcudi

When does the horn alarm sound (for the obc)? Just curious. I know you can set a maximum speed with the obc, but the obc also has a gong under the dash.

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 7:02 PM