2002 BMW 525i Can't stop the stutter

EOB
  • 2002 BMW 525I
I have my 2002 525i at the shop and no one can fiqure out what is wrong. When starting out from a slow roll or dead stop, I get a stutter in performance that seems like a fuel or air flow problem. When driving at higher rates of speed no issues. It is at the dealership now and no codes are showing up to tell them what is wrong with it. They changed the fuel filter but nothing changed. Now they said that the computers need to be reset. Any thoughts.
Monday, January 5th, 2009 AT 7:53 PM

DR. HAGERTY
Without more information, it is difficult to assess the issue from cyberspace. The stumble you have could be due to several factors including but not limited to bad fuel, poor spark kernal, a vacuum leak, a possible programming issue or who knows, maybe a rodent got in somewhere and gnawed on the wiring. Short of replacing parts to see if it changes things, I am not sure there is much I can do for you.
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 11:25 AM