2003 BMW 325 2003 BMW 325 ci Coupe Cylinder head change

ALBERTOVALENCIA8
  • 2003 BMW 325

Engine problem
2003 BMW 325 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40 miles

Recentrly the cylinder head gasket of my 2003 BMW 325ci was broken. The car is running with a lot of steam from the exaust.. I took the car to the BMW garage and they are charging a lot...including the demand that they need to change the Cylinder head as a regular policy when there is an overheat. I wonder if somebody has experience on this taking the car to other garage..and what tips I do need to take into account? Thanks, Al

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/146959_bmw_sep_06JPG_sep_06_1.jpg

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 1:09 PM

DR. HAGERTY

The only tip I can offer is NEVER EVER OVERHEAT THE MOTOR. The shop is just covering their ass by quoting for a new head. I would do the same thing. If you want to send the head out for a pressure test you might save some $ but if the overheating was serious, I guarantee the head will require replacement and then you will be stuck for the charge for the pressure test. Live and learn.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, January 24th, 2008 AT 6:19 PM