NOISES

2000 BMW 323

touluthao

October, 30, 2009 AT 9:05 AM

Noises problem
2000 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 115000 miles

There are noises (humming, howling.) When I reached 60 mph or higher. I just changed rear wheel bearings and bought 4 new tires. Still it didn't fix the problem. What could it be? Front brgs or transmission? Appreciate your helps.

Dr. Hagerty

October, 30, 2009 AT 9:51 PM

The center support bearing is possibly the cause. The fix was to put a BIG piece of mastic (dum-dum) on the top hoop of the support and goo it into place.

toulut

November, 3, 2009 AT 1:17 AM

I took it to local BMW Dealer.I am unsure about their aswers. They told me, they didn' hear th enoise when they drive it. But they recommend changing Lower Rear Arm Control, Bushing and Bearing (at the differential gear). They said, once that is done, if the poblem still exist, they will move on to fix some other stuffs at the front ends? The repair will be very expensive (as expected). With uncertainty like this, I didn't fix it. Any thought?

Dr. Hagerty

November, 3, 2009 AT 9:35 AM

Typical of the dealer. Good choice getting out of there. Noises are notoriously difficult to diagnose with any accuracy from cyberspace, if there was a response to the last post I made, I would request the outcome of that possibility.

Wheel Bearing Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML