NEED HELP. CAR WILL NOT MOVE

1999 BMW 323

goenvy21

January, 29, 2008 AT 8:48 AM

Other Category problem
1999 BMW 323 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 74521 miles

I was driving on my way to a friends house, and a hose disconnected from my transmission oil cooler. A lot of fluid leaked out (pretty sure it was oil, though I am not positive) and the car would not move. The RPM would show that power was going to the car but it would not go anywhere. This happened Sunday.

BMW service is full all week, so yesterday I connected the hose back to the oil cooler (not a professional) and added some BMW oil (as recommended by BMW) I started the car and pressed the gas, and the car moved about a foot before stopping again.I also have two flat tires on my left side. Thanks to breaking down while making a left turn into a stadium parking lot and went into a pile of glass sand and rocks. Could anyone please tell me what the possible problem could be. Again I dont know if the fluid was oil, transmisison fluid, or what it was. So any help would be great.

Dr. Hagerty

March, 14, 2008 AT 12:15 AM

Salvage the car, don't waste your time trying to fix it