HEATER PROBLEM2002 BMW 318 TWO WHEEL DRIVE ...

2002 BMW 318

bmw_user

June, 9, 2008 AT 7:04 AM

Heater problem
2002 BMW 318 Two Wheel Drive Manual

I changed the FSR over the weekend and the problem is NOT fixed. The car is a 318i E46 right hand drive. Symptoms are - if the temp on the control panel is set to say 16 oC without air conditioning, the fan starts off low and as the car compartment gets warmer the fan starts to blow harder recahing top speed- I can see the light segment on the fan speed increase. If I then change the temp to say 20 oC the light segments start turning off and the fan slows down. When the heater was working properly when the set temp was reached the fan would only blow with one segment light on or at a very low speed. The other problem is when I turn on the air conditioning there is cold air from the face vents and warm air from the footwell and windscreen vents.

Dr. Hagerty

June, 9, 2008 AT 10:30 AM

What is an FSR and have you checked ALL the fuses? When I say check I mean are they all there and do they have power? Also, has the system been interrogated with the BMW proprietary software?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe