ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1995 BMW 318 6 CYL TWO...

1995 BMW 318

whourdaddy705

March, 7, 2010 AT 10:53 AM

1995 BMW 318 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 67,000 miles

Have a problem with the car starting I can turn the key and the car wants to start but will not. I think it could be a problem with a fuel pump or a fuel filter but not sure

March, 8, 2010 AT 5:49 AM

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right