1992 BMW 318 Changing front rotors and pads

CDMADESON
  • 1992 BMW 318
Im trying to replace my rotors and pads. Im doing this cuz I just got it and it shakes at high breaking speeds so the rotors obviously are warped and need to be replaced. I have everything disassembled in my garage all the way down to the hub. The problem is when I started reinstalling everything the bracket that mounts the caliper to the steering nuckle rubs against the rotor and prevents it from spinning properly. How can I prevent this from happening? Also after further inspection the rotors spin much the way an unbalanced tire would. Do u think I did not get them on properly or that the hub is warped too and that is the root of my problem?
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 AT 7:35 PM

2 CAR PROS VINCE
Your problem very well could be the hub, you could test it with a run out micrometer. If it has been in any type of collision in front replace the hub or hubs regaurdless
Monday, January 25th, 2010 AT 5:08 PM