Belts diagram needed

SHELLY DUNKERSON-SHAFER
  • 2012 KIA OPTIMA HYBRID
I need a diagram for both belts on the car listed above
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 AT 12:09 PM

STEVE W.
The water pump belt is a stretch type belt, you will need a removal installer tool for it. It is placed between the belt on the lower pulley. The main belt has a tensioner on it.
+1
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 AT 3:46 PM
Hi,

I found very limited information for the hybrid. However, I was able to find two pics. Pic one is the water pump belt and pic two is the serpentine belt.

Let me know if this helps.

Take care,
+2
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 AT 3:51 PM
KASSIEBUCK
We can't get the larger belt back on. We also don't have the remover installer tool, any suggestions?
+1
Thursday, March 26th, 2020 AT 2:45 PM
STEVE W.
The inner belt uses a standard tensioner, you put a wrench on the bolt in the middle of part a and you rotate it enough to get the belt on, Be sure you have the correct belt as that engine is very close with belt length. The stretch belt needs the installer tool, I have used a couple tricks on them but it's very easy to damage that belt if you have never installed one before. You might be able to borrow one from a parts store.
Thursday, March 26th, 2020 AT 3:09 PM
Hi,

When you say the larger, are you referring to the water pump? The wider/larger belt that runs everything but the water pump has an automatic tensioner. Are you able to fully depress it? If you are and it won't go on, either you have the wrong belt or routing is wrong. Does the design in the picture I added match your vehicle?

Thursday, March 26th, 2020 AT 3:10 PM

Sponsored links