Battery dead after 2 sometime after 3 days.

STAYJR
  • 2001 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I have been and the shop have been thought this van. It is dead in 2 to 3 day if not started. In two year replaced battery two times. Went thought it good, but not good enough. Under hood relay 16 and 11 get hot after driving it. The 3 shop I took it too say that I have a draw of 5.2 amps to 7.8 amps draw. They say that it was within rang. But if take out fuse 29, 8 and 7 I have no draw on the battery, as I add the fuse back I get an draw fuse 29 is a little draw, then 7 draw, then 8 is the biggest draw.? My head is hurting
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 1:53 PM

CATAFINA
You have a short circuit that you need to find-what 's causing the draw
-1
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 2:38 PM
STAYJR
Will it be at a ground or will it be at positive. Would it be one item that cause this?
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 3:38 PM
Fuse 29 is for the radio and will always have a draw but it's nothing to worry about. #8 goes to the schematic I'm showing and check the power units and lighter just unplug them one at a time and see if drain drops. Also check for coins in units as this will cause the same thing and or a fire. Also pull power seat circuit breaker as it may be that.#7 goes to two different places one is ignition switch which may be bad and other is rap relay which powers up a few modules as well as power window circuit breaker, so try removing that and see if it stops the draw all you need is a test light to check if it goes out you fond the draw. It has to be hooked between battery and cable. See pics
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 3:40 PM
STAYJR
The one that give me the most draw under hood is 60amp number 8,
IGN MAIN 2 Ignition.
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 3:50 PM
STAYJR
If hit a pot hole real hard, my 2 of my panel light goes out( it over the temp gauge). Should I start looking at the wires in my dash?
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 4:00 PM
Check items in second pic with 3 arrows in it that is what that fuse powers. It may be your power outlets or cigar lighter.
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 4:31 PM
STAYJR
OK I will check the ones with the arrow. Thanks
Monday, May 18th, 2015 AT 5:45 PM