I STRTD MY 2003 CHEVY VENTURE TO WARM UP B4 I ...

2003 Chevrolet Venture

Anonymous

January, 1, 2013 AT 7:42 AM

I strtd my 2003 chevy venture to warm up b4 I pickd up kids, I came out and it was overheating ! Drove short distance to kids the engine lite came blinking off and on when I got ta kids I turnd van off 4 min and threw snow on engine to help cool it dwn ta get home. I got home and let it cool then put cooliant in it. Went a block while tha van kept cutting out similar ta carborator problems. Turnd van off at station and wheni went ta strt it. It was dead like tha battery was dead, I put it in neutral and it strtd. I checkd oil and there was a residue on cap that resymboled peanut butter. Can u lead me inrite direction wat I can do on no income

Jacobandnickolas

January, 1, 2013 AT 7:47 AM

You need to deal with the overheating issue. Did adding coolant fix the problem? As far as the vehicle not starting in park, it sounds like the neutral safety switch is bad. If the check engine light was on blinking, there are trouble codes stored in the computer, Have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement