COST OF WHEEL BEARING REPLACEMENT

Audi A4

RenejewellAriza

August, 1, 2007 AT 11:24 AM

1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 V6 138000 miles. The dealership just called and quoted me $560.00 to replace the two rear wheel bearings after I took it in due to a sudden loud noise in what I thought was coming from the front of the car. It is not a whining, grinding or squealing noise but more like the engine just got louder or like a humming. I saw wheel bearings for my car priced at 19.99 and am wondering if that is a reasonable quote, I am tired of getting scammed because I am a female with limited car knowledge.

Front Wheel Bearing

MikeInMaine

August, 15, 2009 AT 4:20 PM

But could be a bunch of other things too. Yes, wheel bearings themselves are inexpensive, but replacing bearings on two wheels could take 2 or more hours because of all the things that need dissassembly and removal to access the bearings. Get a second opinion from another garage, preferably not a dealership. Find a garage recommended by a friend

Wheel Bearing Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford